once i wrote a novel; i thought
it was a page I wanted to turn, an accomplishment
to be awarded. I thought life was adventure,
me the evangelical hot-ballooner.
turn the page, it's choose your own adventure
all over again. I keep looking ahead,
ruining the surprise and wishing
another choice into existence, another page,
another conclusion, then just as quickly
blink it out of reality because 2 seconds ago
the man talking to the cute, enviro girl across the cafe from me
said 'I started writing a book,'
his voice a droning sense of accomplishment
and it sent a page turning shiver down my spine.
'It's easy to get caught up in the bullshit,' she said,
the dialogue scrawled out of cute-girl's mouth and I know
I cannot turn the page, I never could.
I am trapped, like all things, in a badly written choose-your-life
adventure, circa 1982, a poorly put-together dream
without certainty or hope, other than imagining
that maybe the bullshit will end, and people
will start living up to their spoken-word poetry.

2 comments:
ch ch, check it out!
"Who is that, sprinting out of the plains! It is Greymorningstar, hands clutching a piece of chainlink fence! And with a spectacular cry, her voice cometh:
"I'm going to make tacos with your corpse!!"
HOLY CRAP!
that is the most appropriate battle cry i have ever heard,
ever
!!
Post a Comment